Chicken Parmesan is a staple for many when it comes to delicious Italian cuisine! Many have a craving for this amazing dish but think it isn’t healthy but that doesn’t have to be the case. Here is a recipe for a low calorie chicken parmesan and pasta dish that is flavorful and satisfying:
- 8 oz whole grain pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup steamed broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin cutlets and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken cutlets in the egg mixture, then roll them in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Place the coated chicken cutlets on a baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken cutlets in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are cooked through and crispy.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat the marinara sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the steamed broccoli and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the broccoli is heated through.
- To assemble the dish, divide the cooked pasta among four plates. Top each serving with a chicken cutlet and a spoonful of the marinara and broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Return the plates to the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
Protein: 37 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 42 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
This recipe is a great source of protein and fiber, and it is low in fat and calories. It is a delicious and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
Note: You can customize this recipe by using different types of pasta or by adding additional vegetables to the marinara sauce for added nutrition. You can also use different types of cheese or breadcrumbs to vary the flavor of the dish.